- ONLY 3 days of prescription medication is necessary
(Ask Pharmacist to supply a PARTIAL FILL on prescriptions)
Please do not ask for a complete fill, as it could cause problems in filling prescriptions on admission (your insurance company might deny payment).
- Do not bring large purses or bags. Please use wristlets instead.
- Credit Cards and Checkbooks will be placed in the safe for use as necessary
- Cash will be deposited in the patient’s trust account
- Requests for allowance amounts over $100 must be sent via gift card.
- Musical instruments
- Family pictures
- Reading Material
- Kindles/Nooks are ok (if they do not have 3G, which can tap into all Wi-Fi) and simple readers are ok.
- iPod (nothing with Wi-Fi capability) /personal cd player with headphones
Items to Leave at Home
- Cell Phones
- Play Station, Nintendo, Xbox
- Handheld video games
- Pornographic materials including magazines, tapes, videos, etc.
- Any media or other material promoting violence, sex, offensive language, or alcohol/other drug use.
- Excessive luggage or clothing (2 standard sized suitcase maximum)
- Hair dyes/bleaches
- Playing Cards
- Chewing Tobacco
- Any drug/alcohol paraphernalia
- Jeans with holes
- Midriff tops
- Tank tops/spaghetti strap tops
- Short shorts and skirts (all must be fingertip length when standing)
- Tight fitting clothes
- Alcohol/drug/occult or slogan t-shirts (recovery oriented okay)
- Excessively high heels
Any alcohol based item including:
- Cough syrups
- Hair gels/hairsprays
- Over the counter medicines including aspirin, cold remedies, nasal sprays, non-prescription allergy medicines, herbal supplements, vitamins, weight control items, diuretic pills, appetite suppressants, laxatives.
- Cell phones are not permitted at Lifeskills. Clients should write down important contact names and phone numbers from cell phones prior to arrival.
***Please Follow Instructions on What to Bring to Lifeskills South Florida. Disallowed Items Will Be Sent Home At The Patient’s Expense***
If you want to get the most out of our mental health treatment and dual diagnosis programs, then you have to rid yourself of any bad influences and distractions. If you have further questions about what to bring to Lifeskills South Florida, then call us today at 754-226-1571.