Lifeskills South Florida offers comprehensive outpatient treatment programs for men and women ages 18 over suffering from mental health, substance use disorders, or dual diagnosis who need a structured, intensive and extended care experience. Our licensed and professional staff in the Boynton Beach outpatient facility, offer individual treatment plans that allow clients to modify their level of participation within the various group sessions offered.
Our outpatient treatment is a step down from a higher level of care, offering clients accountability, stability, and structure. For convenience, we offer flexible hours that meet the needs of those with demanding schedules.
- Intensive Outpatient Treatment (IOP): IOP is a step-down level of treatment from inpatient, residential or partial hospitalization programs. You may also choose to attend our IOP program prior to going away for treatment. Designed to help support your recovery process and help you to receive supportive services with ease, IOP is 10 hours of treatment per week. Based upon the intake assessment there is an 8 or 12-week track.
- Outpatient Program (OP): OP is a step down from the IOP program ensuring a smooth transition while increasing independence in a life of recovery. Our Outpatient Program includes the benefits of our IOP program, with less weekly attendance. OP is 4 hours of treatment per week and based upon the intake assessment, there is a 4 or 8-week track.
How We Treat
- Life Management – Explore current challenges, share experiences, discuss solution based coping strategies. Develop cognitive skills and apply 12-Step principles to recovery.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)- Focus on developing skills to regulate emotions and mood.
- Body and Self – Designed with each individual client in mind, discusses underlying causes of eating disorders and body image issues. Clients are guided in developing coping skills and using creativity to deal with a complex set of issues that affect their daily lives.
- Trauma – Discuss family issues, definitions of abuse, defense mechanisms and the role of shame and its relation to drug abuse, eating disorders and body image issues.
- Gender Specific Groups – Clients are engaged in therapeutic groups with same-sex peers to discuss gender-specific issues that are affecting them in early recovery and/or in their daily lives. These groups empower clients to develop effective communication skills in a more private setting.
Group work is the cornerstone of treatment in outpatient treatment. Clients are assigned to a primary therapist and benefit from therapeutic work in a group setting that offers accountability, structure, education and support from peers as well as clinical staff. Groups are offered in the morning or evening to accommodate individual schedules. The following specialty groups are offered in outpatient treatment:
- Applying Cognitive Behavioral Skills
- Healthy Relationships
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
Referrals for Outpatient services may be made by a professional, individual or family member. An assessment needs approval by a Lifeskills staff member for admission into the program. The Lifeskills South Florida admissions team is available seven days a week to provide information on our facility, our program or our admission process.