Overview of our Residential Treatment Program
Helping Families Since 1991
Our residential treatment program offers hope, healing, and a healthy lifestyle for all residents. Located in beautiful Deerfield Beach, Lifeskills South Florida provides a secure and nurturing atmosphere for balanced recovery and healing. Residential clients live in fully furnished townhomes that are professionally staffed 24 hours a day. This realistic, home-like setting allows residents to adapt their new coping skills within the local community and to daily routines while taking part in the therapeutic process. The goal of Lifeskills is to help residents successfully transition back into their homes, family lives, and careers with newfound self-esteem, direction, and control.
Lifeskills South Florida offers comprehensive clinical pathways that focus on long-term recovery for the individual and the family. Within our residential program and continuum of care, clients access the clinical pathway that aligns to their specific need.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Substance Use Disorder
- Cognitive Remediation
Treat all with dignity and respect
As part of our mission we believe that individuals can change with the proper therapeutic support. At Lifeskills, we offer compassionate care that incorporates traditional, integrative, and expressive therapies that give our clients the tools they need to live a life of freedom from their disorder.
Individual intrinsic ability for self-healing
Each resident is expected to work toward their treatment goals to develop self-awareness, self-reliance, and self-monitoring skills. Also, residents aim to establish a balanced home and work life and a social support network within the community.
Innovative and flexible treatment
- Customized treatment plans
- Therapeutic and compassionate treatment environment
- Individual and group therapy
- Five clinical pathways that incorporate traditional, integrative, and expressive therapies
- Up-to-date therapeutic tools, strategies, and interventions
- Coordination of care
- Family Therapy
- Expressive and Experiential Therapy (Art, Music)
- Integrative Therapies (Yoga)
- Psycho-Dynamic and Psycho-Educational Group Therapy
- Assignment to a Primary Therapist and Individual Psychotherapy Sessions
- Comprehensive Clinical Assessments
- Psychiatric Assessment and Ongoing Consultation
- Nursing Assessment
- Nutritional Assessment with Registered Dietician
- 24/7 Monitoring
- Ongoing Drug and Alcohol Testing
- Discharge Planning and Intensive Case Management
- Motivational and Twelve-step Facilitation
Practice informed by research and training
- Specialized Treatment & Education:
- Anger Management and Domestic Violence Education
- Assertiveness Training for Anxiety and Panic Disorder Prevention
- Volunteer Service or Employment in the Community
- Vocational or On-going Educational Assistance
- Program Workbook and Other Materials
Collaborative strength based culture with all partners: clients, team, families and community partners
- Body and Self groups with Focus on Body Image
- Relapse Prevention Groups
- Symptom Management Groups
- Exposure and Response Prevention for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Participation in Appropriate Self-help Support Groups
- Alumni/Aftercare Groups
- Spiritual Support
In combination with traditional therapeutic interventions, residents can balance their mind, body, and spirit through healthy lifestyle activities.
- Yoga – Yoga incorporates a series of stretching and body positions to enhance flexibility, strengthen the body, promote fitness, and promote an overall sense of emotional well-being.
- Meditation/Relaxation – The purpose of meditation is to become aware of one’s breathing, attain inner peace and to relieve stress.
- Fitness Activities – Lifeskills offers a variety of enjoyable physical activities designed to relieve stress and enhance overall physical well-being. Residents have access to the swimming pool, courts, and fitness center
View a sample of our daily schedule.
Our residential program does not center solely on the symptoms of diagnosis and addiction. We focus on all aspects of physical, emotional, and spiritual recovery.
The first step to your recovery is just a click or phone call away.
Email or call us today at 844.749.1560 to speak to a qualified mental health clinician for more details about residential treatment at Lifeskills South Florida.