May 8, 2020
I am pleased to announce Lifeskills South Florida’s partnership with United Clinical Laboratory to bring testing to the campus. The Abbott Platform testing for SARS-Co2 uses oropharyngeal swabs to bring real-time, qualitative PCR based instrument to obtain positive and negative results within 24 to 48 hours.
We have tested all our employees, and all were negative. We will continue to encourage and support all our employees to stay home if sick, quarantine proactively if exposed to COVID-19, and test negative before returning to work. Our partnership with Unites Clinical Laboratory makes this process even easier.
COVID-19 is a virus that will take a while to fully eradicate, therefore we needed a sustainable intervention to keep our employees, current clients, and future clients guarded. We are proud to be a national leader in delivering superior psychiatric care and will continue to invest in measures to be able to provide this essential health benefit.
Since March 2, 2020, Lifeskills South Florida has been focused on employee and client health and well-being during the COVID-19 outbreak. Much has changed since we began this journey. As new updates and guidance are provided through The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our local public health authorities, we have continued to adjust our operation and adopt these recommendations within our environment of care. Below is a high-level list of actions that have contributed to our success in keeping our services safe and available:
- Obtained cleaning and protective health equipment
- Educated all employees and clients on standard precautions and sanitation
- Closed campus, limiting visitors
- Began health screening on employees, clients, and all essential visitors to campus
- Changed the admission criteria and procedure to include screening for COVID-19
- Created isolation space for clients supported with virtual and live sessions
- Comprehensive approach to social distancing on and between campuses
- Discontinued interacting within community venues carrying exposure risks
- Moved Family Program to virtual experience
- Changed to only virtual PHP and IOP services to area community members off-campus
- Introduced masking and educated on mask care with employees and clients
- Brought real-time, qualitative PCR based testing to campus for all staff, clients, new admissions and employees
These actions build upon one another to create a web of protection. It would not be possible without our staff banding together to make our response happen. Our nurses, LPN’s, physicians, mental counselors, psychologists, licensed therapists, dietitians, yoga instructor, personal trainer, and all those in leadership have committed themselves to help our current and future clients have access to hope and healing in their recovery.
If you have additional questions, please reach out directly to me at 954-834-5099, Ext 202.