Lifeskills South Florida is proud to remain on the cutting edge of health and wellness in treating those with mental health issues, addictions, and dual diagnosis. In addition to our integrated wellness activities, we have created the Cardiometabolic Pathway, designed to reduce the risk of cardiometabolic syndrome. Research literature documents that individuals with brain disorders are far more at risk for developing High Body Mass Index (BMI), hypercholesterolemia, hypertriglyceridemia, hypertension, and hyperglycemia. More specifically, individuals utilizing psychotropic medications face increased issues with medication side effects (fatigue and increased appetite). Thus, increasing the need for a comprehensive focus on the comorbid conditions.
With a dual wellness focus on treating the body and mind, Lifeskills has implemented the Cardiometabolic Pathway, tending to physical and mental health concurrently. This pathway is designed to work in conjunction with the five other clinical pathways to give our clients a comprehensive treatment experience.
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Cognitive Remediation
- Substance Use
How We Treat
Once a client is clinically and medically stable, individuals may begin the Cardiometabolic Pathway, which includes:
- Lifeskills internist reviewing of admission and ongoing laboratory results for blood levels including kidney and liver functioning
- Medical staff monitoring and measuring weekly weight and vitals
- Daily gym options for physical wellness
- On-site personal trainer led fitness groups
- Individually prescribed exercise programming
- Daily yoga groups for meditation
- Weekly Nursing led groups addressing varied physical health curriculum from sleep hygiene to smoking cessation
- Genetic testing to determine the best psychotropic medication matches for the individual’s metabolism
- Individual nutritional assessment and consultations
- A Masters level nutritionist led groups focused on food choice, menu development, caloric intake, preparing healthy choices, eating habits and much more.
- On-site heated pool
Whether a person’s goal is improving balance, losing weight or improving flexibility, the Cardiometabolic Pathway makes it specific to their individual needs to improve their overall wellbeing.
Our team recognizes the various issues related to cardiometabolic syndrome, physical wellness, sedentary lifestyle, medication side effects, and other critical factors individuals with comorbid conditions face. With specifically designed programming, progressing into a healthy and active lifestyle can become a reality.
Treatment at Lifeskills South Florida
At Lifeskills South Florida, we provide evidence-based therapeutic interventions for a variety of mental health conditions, including:
If you or your loved one is struggling with a mental health or substance use disorder, call us today to learn how Lifeskills South Florida can transform your life and help you take the next step towards recovery.