Lifeskills South Florida offers a comprehensive outpatient treatment program for men and women ages 18 and over suffering from mental health, substance use disorders, or dual diagnosis who need a structured, intensive and extended care experience. Our licensed and professional staff in the Boynton Beach outpatient facility, offer individual treatment plans that allow clients to modify their level of participation within the various group sessions offered.
Our outpatient treatment is a step down from a higher level of care, offering clients accountability, stability, and structure. For convenience, we offer flexible hours that meet the needs of those with demanding schedules.
Outpatient Treatment Program Types
- Intensive outpatient treatment (IOP): IOP is a step-down level of treatment from an inpatient or residential treatment program. You may also choose to attend our IOP program prior to going away for treatment. Designed to help support your recovery process and help you to receive supportive services with ease, IOP is 10 hours of treatment per week. Based upon the intake assessment there is an 8 or 12-week track.
- Outpatient treatment program (OP): OP is a step down from the IOP program ensuring a smooth transition while increasing independence in a life of recovery. Our Outpatient Program includes the benefits of our IOP program, with less weekly attendance. OP is 4 hours of treatment per week. Depending upon an individual’s intake assessment, there is a 4 or 8-week track.
How We Treat
- Life Management – Explore current challenges, share experiences, discuss solution based coping strategies. Develop cognitive skills and apply 12-Step principles to recovery.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT)- Focus on developing skills to regulate emotions and mood.
- Body and Self – Designed with each individual client in mind, discusses underlying causes of eating disorders and body image issues. Clients are guided in developing coping skills and using creativity to deal with a complex set of issues that affect their daily lives.
- Trauma Therapy – Discuss family issues, definitions of abuse, defense mechanisms. Additionally, talk about the role of shame and its relation to drug abuse, eating disorders, and body image issues.
- Gender Specific Groups – Clients are engaged in therapeutic groups with same-sex peers to discuss gender-specific issues that are affecting them in early recovery and/or in their daily lives. These groups empower clients to develop effective communication skills in a more private setting.
Group work is the cornerstone of treatment in outpatient treatment. Clients work with a primary therapist and benefit from therapeutic work in a group setting that offers accountability, structure, education and support from peers as well as clinical staff. Group sessions occur in the morning or evening to accommodate individual schedules. The following outpatient specialty groups are offered in our treatment program:
- Applying Cognitive Behavioral Skills
- Healthy Relationships
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Relapse Prevention
Begin Healing with Lifeskills South Florida
A professional, individual, or family member can make a referral to our outpatient treatment program. Afterward, an assessment is conducted for admission into the program. The Lifeskills South Florida staff is available seven days a week to provide information on our facility, our program or our admission process.
If you’re interested in learning more about our other mental health programs, such as our transitional living program or family support program, then call us today at 866-321-9430. We can help put you on the path to recovery and healing.